Ten Things Not To Do in Your Author Photo
1. Show your back teeth. All of them.
Only Muppets smile like that. Stop it.
2. Tilt your head to one side.
You don't look playful or adorable. You look cockeyed.
3. Wear your hair "mussed."
What, you can spend two hundred bucks on this head shot but you can't afford a brush?
4. Present your profile.
One word: rhinoplasty.
5. Sit at a desk, bent over, intent at work.
We know what you do for a living. Skip the charades.
6. Offer a brooding, serious expression.
Try Correctol for gentle, overnight relief.
7. Wear sunglasses.
Are they like mirrored on the inside?
8. Gaze at some elevated point in the distance.
Sorry, but the aliens simply aren't coming.
9. Rest any part of your face against your hand.
We know you're hiding a big honking zit.
10. Fold your arms and lean against a wall.
Step One: Admit you are powerless over alcohol - that your life has become unmanageable. Step Two . . .