Ten Things I Bought with Mine at Books-a-Million
1. Piccadilly spiral-bound blank journal (butterfly front, discounted.) I picked this up on impulse; the cover is fetching and it's large enough to make into a daily art journal.
2. Write Ideas "Dance Floor" large flex journal. I don't like the cover on this one, but it's huge, the page lining is nice and wide, and it has a pocket and a ribbon marker. I'll probably redo the cover with an interesting fabric.
3.& 4. "Go with all your heart" and 5. "The Spirit of Flight." Two are to give away and one is a replacement for me (I gave my original to a friend.)
6. Angel at Dawn by Emma Holly; second in her latest Upyr trilogy. The first one in this trio was terrific, and I think this installment continues the protagonists' story, which is even better.
7. My Immortal Assassin by Carolyn Jewel. I'm pretty sure this is the third in her paranormal romance series; definitely the newest. It's been a while since I read the last one so I may have to go back and reread the early novels to pick up the story again.
8. Quilting Arts Magazine Dec/Jan issue. This is not for me; I'm taking it to a quilter friend who is recovering from back surgery and can't get out to the store. Looking forward to bickering with her over adding metal to quilts (she's dead set against it; I'm all for it as long as the quilts aren't to be used for bedding or handled by children.)
9. Somerset Studio Gallery Magazine Winter '2011 issue. I tried to walk past it, really I did, but Angela Cartwright has an article in this one about watercolor photo art, and that I couldn't resist.
10. Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury. I've never read it, and since I'm into Zen anything, thought it was about time I did.
(the above list is thanks to my guy, and the gift card he never forgets to give me every Christmas)
Yah - I just picked up My Immortal Assassin too! Just went and pulled the first two off the shelf for a re-read so I can get refamiliarized with the world and the previous characters. I loved the first two books.ReplyDelete
Love Zen in the Art of Writing. Hope you enjoy it!ReplyDelete
I got My Immortal Assassin and Zen in the Art of Writing for Christmas! Can't wait to read them!ReplyDelete
This is such a cool post! :) I love how you numbered all of your purchases.ReplyDelete
I'm a total geek for notebooks of any kind, so I think the Piccadilly blank journal you got is awesome!
I love the collage of stuff! How did you do that? Did you photoshop it somehow?ReplyDelete
You make some great choices, but I have a question. When you say 'metal' in your quilts, do you mean as embellishments? I do a lot of that when I do my crazy quilt/victorian embroidered squares. I'm just wondering because I think it can add great character to the design.