Five items of interest found during blog rounds this week:
1. Don't ask for balloon animals: Not content with being an author, blogger, and composer of bestial love sonnets, John Rickards has raised the big top on his new crime fiction hub site, Mystery Circus. Abounding with interesting folks and discussions; go, read, join in.
2. Shiny new linkage: If you're lazy like me, and keep forgetting to update your links, cut and paste the following to your template for these blog pals who have moved:
Douglas Hoffman: http://ballsandwalnuts.com/
Jo Leigh: http://www.joleigh.com/wp/
Sasha White: http://www.sashawhite.net/blog/index.php
3. Very Cool Contest: Monica Jackson is kicking off a neat online treasure hunt contest to celebrate the launch of her new group blog, Writing Divas. The winner receives a gift basket with ". . . everything she’ll need to pamper herself in addition to books/CDs/E-book downloads from every Diva!"
4. Hair Today: Bill Peschel offers some amusing skinny on us natural redheads (and I had no idea Emily Dickinson was a scarlet sister) while Sharon Long ponders Hair as the Ultimate Stereotype over at RTB.
5. Absolute Gem Spotlight: Much applause for Ms. Selah March and this jewel: "...If we can live with the paradox of "Maddona/whore" we're fed from infancy, we can likely find our way through Barnes & Noble without big scary signs that scream "Here There Be DILDOES." (I say let's stage a coup, take out the Sisters and make Selah president of RWA. We'd have to invest in tear gas and pepper spray -- or maybe just some handcuffs (paging Shannon Stacey) and male strippers -- but I'd rejoin for that.)
As for the Friday 20, ask away.