Ten Promises I've Made to My WIP
1. I will be faithful to you. I'll ignore other, flashy story ideas who try to seduce me away from you. Once in a while I might spend a couple of hours with an old flame or someone else's new love, but don't be jealous -- I'll always come back to you.
2. I'll work hard to get you into shape. We'll start off at the best place and pace for you. I won't let you drag, bloat or sag around the middle. I won't pack your trunk with a lot of junk.
3. I will speak kindly of you to others. However much you deserve it, I will not refer to you as that bitch or a stupid-ass idea.
4. I will give you the best I've got, not whatever's left over after the rest of the world is through beating the hell out of me for the day.
5. I will not avoid you, even when I'm tired and you're being difficult. I will remember what a privilege it is to spend time with you.
6. I will never fake my way through a sex scene with you.
7. I won't turn you into a personal grindstone, or use you to hammer others with my political opinions, my faith or my creative agendas. I'll remember that you're supposed to be a gift, not a weapon.
8. I will not start up with you when I'm on the rebound solely so I can work out my frustrations over my last failed relationship.
9. Whatever anyone says about you, I will remember how much you mean to me, and how little I care what anyone else thinks of us.
10. When you're ready, I'll let you go. Somehow.
What are some of the promises you make to your WIP?