Ten Things for Free off the Net
Freeware caution: always scan free downloads of anything for bugs and other threats before dumping the programs into your hard drive.
1. The Print Screen button works fine for me, but if you'd rather have options on what you capture, check out the freeware Capture-A-Screenshot.
2. Cheat codes for Sudoku? Until there are, here's a program to solve the puzzles you can't: Crazy Sudoku Solver.
3. One for the kids -- or the kid in you -- FreeTrix (like Tetris, only cuter.)
4. Can't browse and spell at the same time? IeSpell has a freeware spell checker add-on for Internet Explorer here.
5. No mess, no fuss: Light Affected Painting freeware helps you paint with beautiful beams of light.
6. Post-It Pizazz: Veign's Note-It supercharges the desktop/virtual sticky note.
7. Dirk Paehl offers much for free on his interesting web site, including a page of PDF-related freeware downloads.
8. Delete stuff on the clipboard by accident too often? Forget what's on it? Dude, you have no idea. Anyway, like me, you might give Smart Cut-n-paste a test drive.
9. For the technofolks out there: Textplorer freeware is a quick, clean editor for text, binary and structured data files in text format.
10. Notepad on crack: The personal Wiki notepad ZuluPad.