Ten Things to Make Halloween Costumes
(Just pretend this is Monday. I've got a hurricane here.)
1. AmazingMoms.com's Halloween Costumes for Kids -- I'd make a variation of the chalkboard costume, ala "Graffiti Kid" -- put your kind in white sweats and a fanny pack packed with colored Sharpie markers. Then have everyone "sign" the kid (we used to do this with white Tshirts on the last day of school, too.)
2. Costumes for Halloween or Pretend Play -- make someone into a bunch of grapes with just 3 items.
3. Costume Idea Zone -- the attack dog trainer costume is priceless.
4. The Costume Page's Costuming Resources Online -- lots of links for the do-it-yourselfer.
5. Need some quirky celebs for your Halloween week TV show? The Duct Tape Guys Do Halloween Costumes
6. Garvick.com's Halloween Costumes page -- what's sad is the description of the housewife's costume -- I don't have to change a thing I'm wearing.
7. GrandStyle.com's Halloween Costume Ideas has a variation on the bunch of grapes -- a bag of jellybeans.
8. Be safe out there -- read tips on Halloween Costume Safety.
9. Homemade Halloweem Costume Ideas -- if you've got a kid into Pokemon cards, check out the Costumes from Boxes section and make him into one.
10. Christina Minor's article Felt, foam, papier-mâché for quick, easy costumes.