I'm trying to put together a list of scary writer stuff for a Halloween-related ten post, but my definition of scary and everyone else's might be different.
Here's my working list:
1. Ghost Story by Peter Straub, also his first collaboration with Stephen King, The Talisman.
2. To save typing all the titles, pretty much everything Stephen King writes (even On Writing, which raised a few of my neck hairs.)
3. Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon. Very creepy (shuddering as I type it.)
4. The Abandoned by Douglas Clegg about burned off my hair ribbons.
5. Cold Granite by That Scottish Writer Whose Name I Can Never Remember.
The scariest book I've ever read? Midnight Rain by Holly Lisle.
What are some of your favorite scary, creepy, or hair-raising reads?