Ten Things About Writer Games & Generators
1. Download a free trial version of Bonnie's Bookstore, a word game based on helping an aspiring writer get published.
2. You, too, can break the code over at the Cryptogram Corner.
3. Etymologic!, the "toughest word game on the web."
4. Start your story with Feath.com's First Words generator.
5. Hop to it.
6. Need more than just the Castle of Doom and the Mountain of Dreams on your fantasy novel's map? Try Manon's Interesting Sites Generator.
7. Plot your setting room by room painlessly by using Zlana's Room Description Generator.
8. Eric Myer's Stereotypes game.
9. He's an impetuous alcoholic cyborg on a mission from God. She's an artistic extravagent Valkyrie from Mars. They fight crime!
10. Test your improv skills with Seventh Sanctum's Writing Challenge Generator.
Monday, May 08, 2006
Posted by the author at 12:00 AM
Labels: generators, Monday 10
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
*From the "First Words generator"*ReplyDelete
Nothing that short should look that smug ...
(Let me introduce you to my boss . . .)
In her hands ...
(lay a breast, cold white and ready for the frying pan. Chicken was her favourite.)
It's all in the eye ...
(grit, saline and George's pupil after he was accidentally shrunken by the miniature rays of the experiment . . .)
-Veihl, what have you done! My day is going to be a waste now.
Paul wrote: Veihl, what have you done! My day is going to be a waste now.ReplyDelete
Sure, but it'll be a fun waste.
Ack! That Etymologic . . .ReplyDelete
Let's just say I'm wondering what I learned during my mmnhmhnhmmhn years of post-graduate education.