Ten Things to Help with Your Writing Notes
Freeware caution: always scan free downloads of anything for bugs and other threats before dumping the programs into your hard drive.
1. BrainBox Pro is not just a flow chart maker and mind mapper freeware, but offers a set of writer's templates.
2. Mind-map your notes with Correlate Personal 2.5.
3. Freeware that gives you an endless digital scroll on which to capture, store and access all your notes, Evernote.
4. Another virtual sticky notes freeware, Hott Notes.
5. Replace your NotePad with the turbo-charged, multi-featured Notepad++.
6. PrestoNotes freeware takes virtual sticky notes to a whole new level.
7. Organize your notes, images and objects with Remlap KnowledgeBASE.
8. Another NotePad replacement freeware "designed to offer smoother and faster operation with comparable or more features at a file size of 32k or less", SavageEd.
9. The multi-purpose freeware Swizztool from SpecOp can serve as your virtual alarm clock, reminder, countdown timer, launcher and more.
10. Skynergy's TaskPrompt stores your to-do list and reminds you about it.
Also, a very kind note was left in comments on the Freeware and Online Tools Collection post by Anderson, author of Mobysaurus Thesaurus:
"If you are writing in ANY way helping society, just drop me an email, mentioning one of your published works (either online or offline), I'll be very happy to send you a life-time universal license (of course free) to all existing and future versions of Mobysaurus Thesaurus. (No fee or donation required) Also, free life-time universal site license is available to any educational, non-profit, charity (and alike) organization. (No fee or donation required)"
My sincere thanks to Anderson, as well as all the other hard-working programmers and software designers who donate so much of their time, talent and work to make freeware available on the internet.