Ten Things to Make Your Writing Life Easier
Freeware caution: always scan free downloads of anything for bugs and other threats before dumping the programs into your hard drive.
1. Looking for a free journal/diary program that also features an event reminder, address book, an alarm, picture manager, built-in mailer, HTML & Web Diary and To-Do List? Check out DiaryBook.
2. Another journal-keeping freeware, eJournal, can also be used as a project diary.
3. MikkoMatrix freeware "randomly selects words from two different lists, and displays these words. The user can use the included lists or may elect to replace the lists for his or her own specific purposes, such as creating random character names."
4. Magnify anything under your cursor up to 20X with MouseCam freeware utility (scroll down.)
5. RapidKeys freeware is an intelligent virtual keyboard for the disabled that suggests words as you click-type.
6. Create standards compliant bibliographies with ScholarCite freeware.
7. Scrapbook is an unstructured freeware program that simply saves and stores chunks of text for you.
8. SpeakOut text-to-speech freeware will read any text or text file to you. It can also monitor your Windows clipboard and read the contents to you.
9. Organize your time, stay on schedule and never forget another task again with TaskPrompt freeware.
10. Improve your vocabulary, create your own dictionary and more with Vocabula freeware.
While I was out freebie-hunting, I also found a virtual dictionary freeware for bad spellers: Fredal's Dictionary.
Upcoming on PBW this week:
The Art of Coining Words
RW: Holiday Wishlist
August Biz Post: Finding New Markets