Friday, October 15, 2010

Off to Sell

The idea I had for a novel trilogy that turned into a proposal has now resulted in an offer, so I'm taking today off to conference with the agent and deal with the negotiations.

A novel proposal usually doesn't turn around this fast, btw; the last trilogy I sold took six months to find the right publisher, and the standalone proposal I wrote up back in April is still making the rounds.

I don't want to jinx it by saying too much just yet, but if all goes well I should soon have some very cool news to share.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will go well, congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I hope we'll hear the good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! i can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Yay! Best wishes today.
    JulieB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to jinx you either by saying congrats too soon, but I wish you all the best and keep my fingers crossed. :)

    ~TRA

    http//xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. W00t!!! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! Can't wait to hear the news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That's so exciting. I hope all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet! Love it when these deals happen so fluidly. Good luck!

    BTW: Do you think that trilogies are just as viable a proposal as a longer or open-ended series?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete