Ten Excuses to Make if You're Caught Buying My Next Novel
1. I accidentally sneezed on it and I don't want to spread my germs to another unsuspecting customer.
2. I just like looking at the pretty covers.
3. I saw Scott McClellan holding a copy while we were standing in the unemployment line last week.
4. If I buy two I get one free, and this is the third one I picked up, so technically, I'm not buying it.
5. I'm dyslexic; I thought it was Paula Deen's new cookbook Fry It, Y'all.
6. My religious zealot group is having a bonfire tonight and I couldn't find a copy of The Da Vinci Code.
7. Oh, geez, how embarrassing. I really meant to get that other Twilight novel.
8. She sent me a free signed book once and I don't want to owe her.
9. The subliminals she embedded in the online excerpt must be making me do this.
10. We ran out of maple mulch for the garden and it's kind of the same color.