The winner of the Six by Six giveaway is Lis, who should e-mail me at LynnViehl@aol.com with your full name and ship-to info so I can get these books out to you.
Ten Things For Holiday Fun
1. Stop three ghosts from scaring the nice kid by playing Casper's Haunted Christmas.
2. Cooking Light magazine's annual cookie countdown is in full swing now, and will even deliver 25 different recipes to your inbox to satisfy your inner cookie monster.
3. Snowdays Create Your Own Snowflake is having a Flake-A-Thon this year; the more snowflakes you create, the more money PopularFront.com will donate to the Salvation Army.
4. Play with Chabad.org's Chanukah Concentration or Dreidel Spin game.
5. Can't figure out what to give Old Uncle Harry, who already has everything? Get some expert advice from FindGift.com's Gift Wizard.
6. For those of you who can't bear to throw them away, Abigail A. Beal's article How to Make Craft Projects Out of Your Christmas Cards.
7. RealSimple.com can help you through those gift-wrapping woes with the tips from their article How to Wrap Anything.
8. East meets west when you play Santa Mah Jong.
9. Barkley Evergreen & Partners's Make-A-Flake is another place to exercise your flake-making skills.
10. On Christmas Eve, watch the big guy in the red suit circle the globe with his reindeer over at NORAD Tracks Santa 2006.
Speaking of fun, I have adored George Carlin since I first heard his Seven Dirty Words routine, which went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1978 during FCC vs. Pacifica Foundation. Tragically the justices decided once again to stomp all over the Constitution to support the government's censorship of George's routine. Some people have no sense of humor whatsoever.
Over the last couple of years George Carlin has also become an author, hitting the New York Times Bestseller list as hard as he does his audiences with Napalm & Silly Putty and Brain Droppings. God knows we need a little humor during the holidays, so I'm making George's most recent book, When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?, the seventh very cool book of December.
For a chance to win today's giveaway, in comments to this post name something about the holidays that makes you laugh (or, if you find nothing amusing, just throw your name in the hat) by midnight EST on December 11, 2006. I'll draw one name from everyone who participates and send the winner unsigned copies of When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops by George Carlin and Talyn by Holly Lisle. Giveaway open to everyone on the planet, even if you've won something here at PBW in the past.