Ten Things I Didn't Learn During Year 43
1. How to write by the seat of my pants. Maybe my butt is illiterate.
2. Who Mad Max Perkins is (did narrow it down to a possible five.)
3. What you call writers who harp on that Creative Commons thing. Creative Communists?
4. Why Mrs. Peel (the internet computer) hates my scanner, while Darth (the work computer) loves it. They're both the same model/make, just different-sized drives.
4a. No, don't explain it to me. By God, I'm going to figure out this one on my own.
5. Why teenage males find lifting the toilet seat as tiresome as putting it back down.
6. A reasonable justification for a writers' organization to practice censorship of its membership.
7. If that Whitebread Lady is ever going to show up at that Blog I Promised Not to Rag on Anymore.
8. Why looking for, bidding and buying a house takes approximately twice as long as conceiving, carrying, and giving birth to a child. Babies hurt more, though.
9. If/When I'll be ready to take the next big career gamble. (Stayed tuned, could be just around the bend.)
10. Where will we writers go from here?