Ten Things for the Desktop Toy Lovers
Freeware caution: always scan free downloads of anything for bugs and other threats before dumping the programs into your hard drive.
1. Get easy and instant access to your desktop with AdingOd Desk.
2. Set transparent windows of any program running in Windows 2000 or XP with Chaos Crystal.
3. Custom Skin Clock allows you to customize a movable, scalable desktop clock with personal graphics.
4. Vandalize your own desktop with Desktop Graffitist.
5. Desktop Messager also lets you draw or write texts on your desktop.
6. Because you know you want one for your desktop: Digital Snowglobes.
7. Create beautiful fractals in real time and set them as your wallpapers with Fractal Wallpaper
8. Add HTML-Help-Toy (scroll down) to your desktop and learn HTML in your spare time.
9. The desktop toy Lava Lamp will never break, spill or explode on you (unless you hit your monitor with a hammer or something.)
10. Another screen-draw freeware, ScreenMarker.
Two freewares I found while I was putting together this list weren't desktop toys but seemed too neat to pass up:
11. Turn your keyboard into a garage band with Electronic Piano 2.5 freeware.
12. Copy the viewed contents of an explorer window in text format to the clipboard display with ExCopy.