Ten Things I'd Like to Read
1. A literary novel that doesn't put me to sleep, patronize me, give me a headache, bury me in angstbabble, make me wish I was dead or sound like the author hasn't actually had sex with someone else in the room since that one time that took a whole bottle of Boone's Farm after the Prom.
2. Biography by someone who doesn't secretly loathe, envy, lust after or wish to destroy the myth of the subject of their book.
3. Explicit erotica that does not attempt to apologize for being explicit by inventing ridiculous excuses for any erotic act in the book.
4. Fantasy which makes more sense than magic. And no dragons. God. Please. Stop with the dragons. I beg you.
5. Fun science fiction. No technoslaw, no politics, no IQ tests, no ax-grindings, no derivative circle jerks, no Kerryesque BS. Just fun.
6. Horror that doesn't read like a twelve-year old wrote it after glomming on Crypt Keeper comics, excuse me, graphic novels.
7. Inspirational romance that celebrates love and faith without clubbing the reader over the head with the Scriptures every other page.
8. Military fiction of any kind written by someone who actually served in uniform.
9. Poetry that rhymes and sings instead of slithers and moans.
10. Romance that does not openly or surreptitiously seek to kiss the asses of RITA judges, the Sisters of the Immaculate Love Scene, or any other division of the Romance Police.
How about you guys? Anything you'd like to read?