Ten More Things to Distract Bill Peschel from Writing
Freeware caution: always scan free downloads of anything for bugs and other threats before dumping the programs into your hard drive.
1. The Netter.com is giving away free downloads of The Big Book of Web Design Freebies, which promises "1000's of free webmaster resources, freeware and tools for web design."
2. eQit all-in-one freeware offers a clock, diary, notepad, program launcher and contact database; dockable, re-sizeable and configurable.
3. Freeware Arena is giving away an ebook about freeware sites here.
4. Manage your agendas, activities, notes, contacts, documents and so forth with Kplan Personal.
5. Paperless Printer is an ebook maker and document exchange utility.
6. Softboard.net has two freeware programs available: Photo2Web Publisher, a "useful program that allows you to easy publish photos on your website. It creates thumbnails, resize photos and generate HTML pages"; and PhotoView, "an easy and compact photo viewer for Windows. It allows you to view and organize your digital photos easily and comfortably."
7. Pindersoft.com has two freebies of interest to writers, PS Whiteboard and Floating Clock.
8. Send to Notepad is a neat little utility tool to cut down on the cut and paste time -- click on the StN task bar icon and your highlighted text is copied to notepad.
9. Time Sentry offers "a small, multi-purpose calendar and time application designed to make finding out date and time information easy and fast."
10. Xint is a freeware alternative to Windows notepad.